Thursday, April 06, 2006

Hard work

Well after getting my ass handed to me the last two weekends on the road I've finally started to bust out the intervals for this year. It's always hard those first few efforts and I'm feeling it today. Tuesday I rode for about 1.5 hours with 2 sets of 12 sprint intervals. It was a great day, with temps in the mid 70's when I left work. The heat and intervals killed me but starting to get some sun.

Wednesday I did some longer intervals in the morning on the trainer. Didn't feel to bad after those, but I added in a run at lunch and rode home from work. By the time I was home my legs were dead. I got up this morning to ride the rollers and the legs were still dead and I was stiff as hell. Rode for 1.5 hours to loosen up the legs. Hopefully the recovery ride will help.

I don't have any pictures of my actual new bike yet, but here is a picture from the Yeti site, mine is still pretty stock, but once I finish changing everything out I'll post some pictures of the real bike.
I'm hoping to get in a mountain bike ride this weekend, as I haven't been on the mountain bike since TC. We'll see as I'd like to get in a big week as well and travel time to the trail cuts down on ride time in the real world. Especially this time of the year with Shay playing soceer. If not maybe I'll leave work early at some point next week.

No comments: