Sunday, October 09, 2005

Rainy Sunday and My car

I travel to most races in our second car, a 1993 Nissan Sentra. The car is nothing fancy, starting to rust in a few places, no radio, and a short in the electrical system that causes the door open light to stay on all the time. But the car gets great gas mileage and has never left me in need on the open road. Yesterday, as I was running errands around town the car hit 100,000 miles. Something about that number made me feel good. I know I've got at least one more season of driving to races in that car. I also know that on every trip I'll make it to the race and back with no problems.

My wife can keep driving the Subaru, which is clearly safer with Seamus in it, until we get a new car, then I'll retire the Sentra but she'll always be there with me. After driving thousands of miles throughout the west without a radio I've had more time to think and be free in that car than any where else in the world.

No comments: