Thursday, January 24, 2008

Can you say new bike

I got my new bike on Tuesday, the Orbea Oiz. Pretty sweet full suspension in the mold of the c-dale scalpel, now all I've got to do is actually ride it. Riding time has been limited lately because of a lot of stuff going on. I'm getting in minimal hours but trying to get in all the "work" (intervals) that I need to get in shape. Been riding about 1 to 1.5 hours max and doing a lot of tempo (high end aerobic) work. The weather should be nice this weekend so hopefully can get in some solid time outside.

Good news on the team front, we picked up a cash money sponsor, SouthEnders, a new coffee shop in the neighborhood. I met with the owners (Mel and Nancy) on Monday and they are great people. They want to create a community focused business to give the people who live in my area a true neighborhood joint. Coffee in the morning, sandwiches at noon and a wine/beer menu at night. Visit them at www.southenders.com for more details.

We'll be starting some training rides from SouthEnders soon, feel free to join us once day/time are set. I've got someone finalizing jersey's this weekend and can hopefully post pictures soon.

There are still spots open on the team, if you are interested let me know.

Also I've created a web site for the team www.racinggreenmtb.com, still a rough site and very much in progress but I'll keep working on it over the next few weeks.

No comments: