Thursday, January 25, 2007

Why did they come to my door?

I was sitting at home tonight, surfing the net, trying to find new links and information on Global Warming for the site. Mostly I was doing this because I emailed with Shay's teacher about a special classroom session on the environment associated with Earth Day. Ade had come up with the idea that I should teach something about global warming to his class. Well Miss H. is very excited about the idea, saying the Earth Day education is a huge favorite topic of hers.

Anyway, I do a lot of presentations to adults, but 5 year olds are not my normal audience, so I was trying to find information to start coming up with a session (plus I want to find some companies to donate swag for the kids) when there is knock on the door. Remember, no one comes to my neighborhood an knocks on the door unexpected, so I was a little surprised. In any case it is a guy from the League of Conservation Voters. Turns out this organization is committed to shaping the political agenda in the U.S. to focus on Global Warming. We talked for a few minutes about global warming and making it a key issue in the 2008 election. I told him I've written to my congress(wo)man, and presidential candidates. No cash to donate for the guy tonight, but he said just as important was spreading the word. I think I'm trying that. So check out their site at www.lcv.org (link on the side now too), and sign up to receive information and let people know you support making global warming a key issue in the 2008 campaign.

Still not sure why they knocked on my door, but pretty cool that he did.

No comments: