Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Road Trip

Man I’ve been in hiding for a little bit. Took off on a family vacation on the 29th with the first stop a race in Winter Park. I’m not going to say the race went bad, but you can google results if you want and understand why there is no need for a race report.

Hoped in the car right after and headed to Steamboat for two days. Great weather a cool hike to Fish Creek Falls, way to much good food and relaxing. Got in the car Tuesday morning to head to SLC. Got to town in late afternoon and punched out a 2:00 ride up Mill Creek Canyon. This is one of the best rides around, 10 miles of climbing on a great road, minimal traffic and a sweet downhill as a reward. Special props on Mill Creek, I got married at a place about ½ way up 11 years ago so I always like the ride. Drank some drinks back at the family’s house after and was up at 6:00 riding Mill Creek again.

Family reunion started the next day at Snowbird, calling for more hours on the bike this time all dirt and hard rides. The big news though; riding the mechanical bull at Snowbird. PBR here I come. That big bull has nothing on this city boy.

After 10 days out of work I’m back to the real world and ready for more time off. Damn, maybe I should train so I don’t have to be embarrassed by my results.

No comments: