Thursday, April 24, 2008

I'm Back

Really I haven't been missing, just not blogging. Maybe people will come back to the site if I actually have something new posted. Lots of news...Racing Green MTB (the team) is ready for action. Kits are in and being distributed, roster is full of a good group of guys (and riders), and we (ok mostly me) are preparing our first community outreach (www.racinggreenmtb.com for more info). The community outreach is rides for all abilities in the Stapleton neighborhood. The rides have a two-fold purpose: get people riding and enjoying bikes and teach people about how to lessen their environmental impact through riding and other changes. I'm hoping we get a few people to turn out for the ride (May 11).

The local monthly newspaper is putting in a blurb about the ride and even took some pictures to go along with the announcement. Since the ride is on Mother's day it is being billed as a Mother's Day ride. The newspaper wanted to know if I knew any mother/kids who would particpate and use them for the photos. Good thing I have a built in modeling crew with Ade and Shay. I'll post a link when the paper comes out.

Rolling a lot of miles on the bike, which I must say got a lot easier as I picked up a new Cannondale road bike (from www.pedalpusherscyclery.com of course). Jason, Gavin and Chandler have me on two sweet new rides for the year, now I just hope I can do them justice. For once I can thank George W for something, since I'm spending the tax rebate early for the new road bike. One good thing in eight years isn't bad (right?). Ok, we'll forget why I was able to get the bike and just ride.

No comments: