Monday, January 09, 2006

What happened last week?

Another week down and the few remaining issues with the new bike have been resolved, thanks to Jason and Steve at Pedal Pushers. The week of training was somewhat light in terms of days, but I ended up with almost 11 hours for the week. The long ride on Monday followed by a 3 hour ride Saturday made up for some lost days in the middle of the week. Sunday I started out on my own for a 2 hour ride and ran into some teammates after about 45 minutes. I rode with them for another 45 minutes before heading home.

It was good to ride with people but this time of the year fitness levels seem to vary a great deal. Chong must have eaten to many fruitcakes at Christmas because he kept falling off even on the little hills we were riding. I shouldn’t talk to much though, since when the season comes around he is racing Expert and I’m riding Sport. I’m also looking forward to getting back in the gym and lift again. It’s been about three weeks but I can tell the work has been helping my fitness so I’ll head back in today.

Tomorrow I’m going to have to start riding the trainer in the morning again. I’ve been somewhat lazy with doing this the past few weeks. It is hard to get started at 4:30 in the morning, especially the first few days. After that it isn’t so bad but that first week can be hell. Hopefully I’ll make it tomorrow.

No comments: